Conditions like easements and encumbrances which are associated with a property will be stated in brief on the Title Document of the property. You will need to run a Dealing/Instrument Search to get specific details about the conditions.
Note: This is only applicable to QLD, NSW, VIC, and WA.
How to run a Dealing/Instrument Search
- Launch the Title Ordering Platform
- Select your state from the drop down menu and ensure that you set the filters accordingly:
- Client Reference: Create your own Client Reference. Read this article to learn why you need a Client Reference.
- Search Group: Select Plans & Dealings or Instrument Search
- Search Type: Select Dealing Search
- Search Method: Select Doc Reference or Dealing Reference
- Dealing Reference: Identify the Dealing Number on the property’s Title Document and enter it into the Dealing Reference field.
- Click Search
- Review your order and proceed to payment.
Video 1: Setting your search criteria