This article outlines the different ways of adding quantities from PlanSwift to Estimator Platinum:
- Transferring quantities by typing into work areas
- Transferring quantities by typing into quantity cells
- Sending quantities using the Send Data feature
- Copying and pasting quantities on the estimate page
- Exporting quantities to Excel
- Sorting quantities in Excel
- Adding bulk quantities from Excel
Transferring quantities by typing into work areas
In PlanSwift, identify the quantity you wish to transfer and type it in the corresponding cell in Estimator Platinum. In the example below, we are transferring the floor area of 197.9m2 into the description of a work area.
Image 1: Transferring quantities by typing.
Transferring quantities by typing into quantity cells
In the example below, we are transferring the number of weeks for the site toilet hire (22 weeks) into the cell.
Image 2: Transferring quantities by typing.
Sending quantities using the Send Data feature
Follow these steps to send quantities from Planswift to Estimator Platinum using the Send Data feature:
- In Estimator Platinum, click on the Quantity cell for the item you are estimating to select it as the active cell.
- Go to PlanSwift and click on the corresponding item to select its quantity value.
- In PlanSwift, click on Send Data and select the quantity type.
- Go back to Estimator Platinum. You will see the quantity in the cell that you have selected in step one. The value in the Total column will also be updated accordingly.
Image 3: Transferring quantities using the 'Send Data' feature.
Copying and pasting quantities and sending data
You may copy and paste quantities for related and similar items. You may also adjust the rate if required.
Image 4: Copying and pasting quantities.
Exporting quantities to Excel
Follow these steps to export quantities to Excel and copy quantities into Estimator Platinum:
- Go to the Estimating tab in PlanSwift and select the plan you are working on. Click on Expand All then click Export to Excel.
- Identify the item in Excel and copy its value.
- Paste the value in the corresponding item in Estimator Platinum.
Image 5: Exporting quantities to Excel.
Sorting quantities in Excel
Follow these steps to sort and view quantities by category:
- After exporting to Excel, select column B and click Sort & Filter.
- Select Sort A to Z.
- In the pop-up window, select Expand the selection and click Sort.
- Quantities belonging to the same category are now displayed together.
Image 6: Exporting quantities to Excel.
Adding bulk quantities from Excel
Follow these steps to add multiple quantities from Excel to Estimator Platinum. In this example, we are adding quantities for architraves.
- After exporting quantities to Excel, select the main takeoff sorted tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
- Select the quantities you are working with, right-click on your mouse and select Copy.
- Open the Multiple Calculator Excel file and paste the quantities in the m2 column. To do this, right-click on your mouse and select Paste. Click on the first Paste icon.
- Scroll down and copy the total value.
- Go to Estimator Platinum and click on the Quantity column for the item you are working with. Right-click and select Paste.
- Adjust the rate if required.
Image 7: Exporting quantities in bulk.
Please contact us for further assistance or training.