There are seven core attributes and additional attributes commonly found on a property record.
- Property Type: A property's characteristics and/or dwelling configuration, on which there can be one or more residential structures.
- Bed: There is no consistent legal definition of what constitutes a bedroom in Australia. CoreLogic defines a bedroom as a private habitable space that is no smaller than 6.5m2 within a dwelling, that is meant for personal use, storage and rest.
- Bath: Bathrooms are rooms with a bath and/or shower. It also includes en-suites. The total count of bathrooms within a single residence does not include separate toilets.
- Car: An area on the residence or common property that is designated for use as a car parking space. The total count of parking spaces associated with a single residence includes lock-up garages.
- Land Area: The total amount of space (usually presented in sqm) contained within the property's boundaries that is suitable for use and development. Land areas are typically not included on individual property records of vertical units or a block of units. The land size may be included on the body corporate record. It may be appropriate for the property to have a land size if the unit has a separate map parcel.
- Floor Area: This represents the total enclosed space within the building's interior, typically measured from one point to another on the inside walls. It encompasses all the usable areas inside the property, including living spaces, rooms, hallways, and other enclosed areas. It does not include garages, verandahs, patios and al fresco dining spaces.
- Year Built: The year when the construction of the building was complete.
- Building Area: The under-roof footprint of the building.
- En-suite: Any private bathroom that is adjoined to a bedroom. An en-suite is included in the bathroom total.
- Lock-up garage: A lockable, enclosed, dedicated car space. This is included in the total count of car spaces.
- Toilet: A room that contains only a toilet. It is not included in the total count of bathrooms.
Core property attributes can be found on the Property Detail screen below the photo gallery. Additional property attributes can also be found in the Property Features tab of the Additional Information panel.
Image 1: Examples of property attributes.