You may view market trends for a suburb directly from Market on the bottom navigation menu or from a property detail screen.
Accessing market trends from the menu
Tap on Market on the bottom navigation menu.
You will see market trends from nearby suburbs and suburbs you have saved previously.
Tip: You will need to enable location services for the app to identify nearby suburbs.
If this is your first time searching for market trends, type in the suburb name you are researching in the search bar. Predictive text will appear as you type. Tap on an address to select it and run the search.
Image 1: Accessing and searching for market trends from the main menu.
After selecting your suburb, you can:
- Switch between House and Unit to view market trends for the respective property type
- Choose to view data from the past 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, or 10 years
- Scroll to view all the statistics available for the suburb. The figures shown are reported figures for the current month. Tap on a statistic to view the data as a graph
You may also tap on the graph to view the median value for a specific point in time. Tap on the share icon to share this information with potential clients or other interested parties. Tap on the star icon to save this suburb for easy reference in future. The most recently saved suburb will appear at the top of your Saved Suburbs list.
Image 2: Viewing statistics for a selected suburb and saving a suburb for future reference.
To remove a suburb from the Saved Suburbs list, tap on the suburb you wish to delete and tap on the star icon.
Accessing market trends from a property detail screen
When researching a specific property, scroll down on the property detail screen to the suburb insights section.
Here, you will be able to see a chart for Median Value, and statistics for Stock on Market, Median Days on Market, Median Vendor Discount and Total Value of Sales. Tap on the information icon to view how these statistics are calculated.
Tap on View all Trends to view all the statistics available for the suburb. Scroll down the list of statistics to find the information you need.
Image 3: Viewing market trends from a property detail screen
General notes about market trends:
- You may notice that the statistics are different to what is captured on the desktop version of RP Professional. The new RP Data displays Median Value as the primary statistic; whereas RP Professional displays Median Sales Price. The RP Data Mobile app displays both Median Value and Median Sales Price.
- CoreLogic calculates an estimated value for each property on a weekly basis. Therefore, Median Value (and not Median Sales Price) is considered a closer reflection of the current pricing trends within a suburb as it is not impacted by high or low value property sales.