When encountering difficulties identifying a property via its address details, it may be quicker and easier to identify the property on a map, if you are aware of its physical location.
There are multiple methods to map search within Rp data pro.
Searching nearby is a locality based map search that is available directly from the home page or via a property page. Once you have started the search you may move the map around to any location, it doesn't have to remain close to your current location.
The property page also provides you with a couple of choices as to how to access mapping information.
Bottom left of the photo image is a pin, pressing this changes the photo carousel to a road map that you may switch to a satellite or nearmap. *new* You may expand the map using the button in the top right corner to a full screen view. This allows you to view the map around the property but doesn't allow you to make selections or load records of alternative properties.
Image1 - Switching Imagery to mapping at the top of the property page.
Below that pin is a menu set, select the first option of Map. This provides additional options of
- View property on a map. - Focuses and zooms in on the target property. No Highlighting or tagging of other properties.
- Map search around this property. - Provides all surrounding properties on record.
- Search for similar properties. - Applies attribute filters that match the target property.
Image2 - Map menu items
Map search around this property and Search for similar properties is what will allow you to select and load another property record. Using these options will expand the map to full screen.
The target property is indicated by a Black Pin. Other Properties are displayed on the map as a circle. The Circles are colour coded to indicate the current property status.
- Grey - Off Market
- Green - For Rent
- Blue - For Sale
- Red - Recently Sold.
Image3- Search Nearby - List view and search filters.
Press on a circle to bring up the header of the property, The Circle icon solidifies to indicate the location of the property selection.
- Press the address to load the property page.
- Press anywhere on the map to go back to searching/selecting another property.
- Press on List to view all displayed properties as a list. (see images 3 & 4) Press an address to load a property record.
- Select filters to modify your search criteria and reduce the number of displayed properties. (see images 3 & 4)
Image4 - Selecting a nearby property & returning to map search, List View and Filters.
Map searching is extremely helpful when dealing with properties that may be known as two possible addresses (corner blocks) or rural residential/farming properties.