Exporting project details to a spreadsheet is very similar to producing a report. (add link to report document when published)
|Single Project||Multi Project|
You can request to export project details from an individual project page or from project search results.
There are two ways that you may request to export data from a single project. The processes are very similar. Method one is a single click and the data export is designed to provide all data fields.
Method two allows you to choose which data fields you wish to include in the spreadsheet.
- Search for and load an individual project page.
- Click the Export to excel (single click) or the Print (choose your data sets) buttons in the middle of the page (see image1)
- Using the Export to excel button will generate a zip file and ask you to save or open the file. Using the Print option, a pop up page will appear to allow you to make further choices.
- On the Pop up page, Use the drop down menu to switch from Project Detail report to Export to excel (customisable) (see image2)
Image1 - Project Detail page
The Export or print report panel will immediately change to allow you to make selections of the data fields to include in your data export. You may select individual items or a column of data fields using the Include all checkbox at the top of each column.
Image2 - Export choices
Once you have made the relevant selections of data fields, you need to scroll down to identify the Generate Report button to request the generation of the spreadsheet.
Image3 - Generate Report button
The spreadsheet is generated and provided within a ZIP file. Choose to save or open the file on your PC.
To export multiple projects to a spreadsheet you can do so from a single set of search results or from multiple searches using the Add to print list option. Please see our How to search for projects article for more information on multi search and adding to print list. (add link when published)
This article assumes that you have already run your project search and you have a list of projects available.
- Make selections using the select all or individual selection fields.
- Go to the print menu and select print from the drop down.
Image4 - Search results - Multi Project selection.
- On the Pop up page, Use the drop down menu to switch from Project Detail report to Export to excel (customisable) (see image2 above)
- Make selections of the data points you wish to display within your spreadsheet and scroll down to generate report. (see images 2&3 above)
- The spreadsheet is generated and provided within a ZIP file. Choose to save or open the file on your PC.