There are different ways to search for properties in RP Data.
|Search Filters||Filtering your search|
|Card view||List view|
|Sorting your results||Selecting Properties|
|Working with selected properties|
When you search for a specific address using the Search bar on the homepage, RP Data takes you directly to the Property Details page.
Image 1 - Property Details page
If your search is less specific, for instance, if you search by a suburb or street name, you’ll be directed to the Property Search page, which shows a list of properties that fit your search criteria. You can then refine your search criteria, depending on the types of information you have available.
On the Property Search page, below the Search navigation bar you will find
- The Primary Search filter
- Core attribute filters.
- Additional filters
Image2 - search filter drop down and other filter choices
Within the primary Search filter drop down you will find four selections to choose from.
As each search filter has a different purpose, the data points displayed on the property panels search results will vary when you switch from one filter to the next.
All Properties - This filter shows all the property records CoreLogic has available for the area you’ve searched for.
Sales - This filter displays properties that have sold within the last six months. A sales price and date filter appears next to the core filters to help you identify the best comparable sales.
For Sale - This filter shows properties that CoreLogic has identified as being listed for sale. Listing price and date filters appear to help you identify the most ideal comparable listings.
For Rent - This filter shows properties that CoreLogic has identified as being listed for rent. Rental price and date filters appear to assist you with identifying the most comparable rentals.
Applying Core Filters
Narrowing down your search results can be quickly and easily done by adjusting the core attribute filters for the property. The core filters include the property type, the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and car spaces attributed to the property and when one of the sales or listing search filters are applied you will also have price and date filters available. The example image below displays
- Fields that you do not adjust will remain grey in colour. Selections will appear in blue.
- Selecting a minimum and maximum will display a search range.
- Selecting only a maximum figure shows the search will be open ended.
- Example of the drop down modal where you make your selections
- Ellipsis button allows you to quickly clear all previous filter selections and start again.
Image3 - Available Core Filters
Applying additional filters
If you have a need to narrow down your search even further to identify a more unique property record the filters button will provide many more additional filtering choices. (#3 in image2 above)
- Filter sections are displayed on the left of the panel. The number of existing selections you have made from within a section are numerically displayed and you may quickly jump to another section by clicking the content heading. A coming soon tooltip is displayed for filter sections that are still under development.
- Search summary displays the search filter that is currently applied and if the historical property flagging has been selected.
- Any existing selections are displayed in orange, default selections appear in grey. This section of the panel is fluid and will update on the fly as you make other filter selections. You may deselect a previous selection by clicking the x and the below filter options will revert to their default settings.
- Filters that have multiple selections that may apply to the search at once will display as a checkbox and you will find a select all and clear selected in the top right hand corner.
- Filters that have a large volume of selections display a maximum of 15 existing options. Use the View All button on the top left to view all possible filter selections at once. Alternatively start typing in the search field on the top right of the panel, the available filter options will update as you type your keyword.
- Use the clear all button to start filtering again or the apply filters button to complete your filtering and return to your updated search results.
Image4- filters modal.
Please note: If you apply too many filters at the same time you may over filter your results and end up with few results. If you find that this is the case, try modifying your selections by removing one at a time until you identify the matching property records you require.
Sorting, Selecting records and views
Below the search filter and core attributes but above the property search results, you will find options to
- Sort by - Re-order the search results
- Property Selection Tool - Make selections of property records, also displays the total number of properties available within the current search/refinement criteria.
- Switch the displayed search results between a Card view (the default) or List view.
Image5 - Sort by, Property selection tool and View Choices.
Sorting your Results
The Available Data points that the search results may be sorted by, under both views are
- The Address
- Car Spaces
- Land Size
- Sales prices and dates (under the applicable search filter)
- Listing prices and dates (under the applicable search filter)
Use the Sort by Drop down box on the top left of the search results. (see Image5 above)
The sort by drop down field disappears from above the search results bar and is replaced by arrows next to the sort-able attributes. Click an arrow to re-sort in descending/ascending order.
Image6- Sorting in card view.
To select or deselect all the properties in the list at once, click the Property Selection Tool, A Dropdown field will allow you to choose from
- Select All Displayed - Current page of displayed properties
- Select All - All records including those not yet displayed
- Clear All Selected
To select an individual property from your list of search results, tick the checkbox to the left of the relevant property photo, Untick it to deselect the property.
Image8- Selecting properties in card view
Image9- Selecting properties in list view
Provides more detailed information about the property.
A large property image is displayed on the left. Navigation arrows appear over the image, allowing you to cycle through the images within the image carousel.
The Address details and the primary property attributes are displayed across the top of the panel.
The main information panel provides data points for the
- Property type (House/Unit/Land/Commercial/Farm)
- Land use (Purpose of the land at the time of last sale)
- Ownership names and ownership type (owner occupied/rental property)
- Last Sale Price/Date/Type
- Floor size (Internal Living Area)
- Year built (Year of Construction)
- Development Zone (zoning)
- Lot/Plan Details
On the right side of the panel you will find a set of icons for additional functions that are only available in card view.
- Pencil = Submit a Data update request. Ask for a correction to a data set.
- Target = Launch a Radius Search from the target property in a new tab.
- Ellipsis = Reports button, click to execute a Signature Sales or Rental CMA, Sales or Rental AVM, 1 page PDF, Property Profile Report or a Suburb Report.
Image5 - Card view - Data update, Radius Search & Report execution buttons.
Reduces the number of fields displayed allowing you to see more property records at once.
The large property image is replaced by a thumbnail image, the image carousel is not available.
You will find the below data points are excluded from the List view
- Development Zoning
- Land use
- Legal description (lot/plan)
- Owner type (owner occupied/rental)
- Floor size (internal living area)
- Year built
Image9 - List view
Working with selected properties
Selecting properties enables you to generate Customisable reports. When you’ve selected one or more properties from the search results list, the Select a property to begin button on the bottom left of the search results page will update to the relevant report that matches the current Search Tab you are on.
You can minimise this button by clicking the arrow to the left. Click again to re-expand.
Image10 - Report generation button
Please see our Generating Reports article for more information about creating reports.
Please see our how do I export selected properties article if you need data exported to a spreadsheet.
Other Features of the Multi Property Activities Toolbar are still under development.
The Ability to
Are not yet available in the new RP Data platform. Please use the links above to switch back to the old design if you wish to learn more about performing one of these tasks.