The Statement of Information is a pricing fact sheet that you must prepare for every residential property you are engaged to sell in Victoria, regardless of whether you advertise the property for sale.
The Statement of Information must include:
- an indicative selling price for the property
- details of the three most comparable property sales to the property for sale
- the median house or unit price for the suburb – this can be for a period of between three to 12 consecutive months, and must not be more than six months old.
You can use any source to determine the median price. You must state the period and source of the median price in the Statement of Information.
The Statement of Information must be:
- displayed at all open for inspections
- included with any internet advertising
- given to prospective buyers within two business days of their request.
For more information: consumer.vic.gov.au/underquoting