What you will learn in this guide
This guide will show you how to use RP Data Professional enhanced mapping capabilities to research and present details about a target property and its surrounding area.
The mapping inside RP Data Professional doesn’t just let you see where a property is located – it provides you with a range of tools to measure distance, measure area and overlay dozens of valuable data points to give you a rich visual picture of key property attributes, situation and surrounding market performance.
Multiple mapping layers can overlay Property Data, Sales Themes, Listing Themes, Target Property and Area Research category data.
- Search for a property address
- Go to the Map tab (1)
Choose Your Map View
- Google Aerial imagery is the default map view and allows you to zoom out further to get a full view of large rural properties or larger views of suburbs/regions
- CoreLogic Aerial imagery allows you to zoom out to 200m (1)
- Road map view allows you to zoom out to 500km and see parcel boundaries and labels in rural areas (2)
- Google Street View is also available in a separate tab (1)
- Zoom in and out with the [+] and [-] buttons (1)
- Use the Hand tool to pan your map (2)
- Place your target property back in the centre of your map with the Home button (3)
Property Details Quick View
- Click on any parcel for a quick view of key details and attributes for that particular property (4)
Map layers are data overlays that show you important information in the map view. To view layer options, select the Map Layers icon (1) from the right side menu. The Street Number layer is automatically activated. Multiple layers can be selected and will remain active until you switch them off.
Tools that allow you to draw on the map are available to assist with measuring distance and area. Multiple measurements can be done on a map.
You can download an image of the map for your own records or presentation in your reports that will include any data layers that are turned on, as well as any drawings in the current view.
Click the Download Image tool (1)
How to Use Enhanced Mapping Tools
In this video we'll show you how to use enhanced mapping capabilities to research and present details about a property and its surrounding area. You'll learn how to:
- Customise your map view
- Use data layers and measurement tools
- Quick view key details about particular properties